Opaque Pad Instructions
The Opaque Stamp Pad is designed for use with an assortment of fast-dry inks. Opaque Stamp Pads come in five sizes:
Care must be taken using and storing the Opaque Stamp Pad. If not stored properly, the ink willeventually clog the pad making it unusable. The pad should be cleaned with the appropriate solvent and stored in a zip-lock baggie when not in use, ensuringthe longevity of the pad.
Instructions for use:
1. Add approximately 1/2 ounce of ink to one half of the pad.
2. Rub the two sides of the pad together in an up and down, side to side fashion, dispersing the ink evenly and thoroughly between each half of the pad.
3. Sample each half of the pad with your marking device.
4. If more ink is needed, add ink in small quantities, repeating step #2 each time ink is added to the pad.
5. If the opaque pads are used daily and left open for long periods of time, it is important to use a small amount of solvent (1/4 to 1/2 oz) every other day before storing the pad. Apply the solvent and massage pads together like you apply the ink. This will aid in keeping the inks from gumming up on pad surface.
Please note: Adding too much ink to the Opaque Stamp Pad will increase the dry time of the ink considerably, also making your mark look heavy and blotchy. It is always best to add ink in small increments working up to your desired ink performance level.
Instruction for storage:
1. If not in use for any length of time, clean the Opaque Stamp Pad with the appropriate solvent or cleaner, removing any ink buildup. To do this, use a small amount of solvent (1/4 to 1/2 oz) before storing the pad. Apply the solvent and massage pads together like you apply the ink. This will aid in keeping the inks from gumming up on pad surface.
2. Rubber band the 2 sides of the pad together tightly with the cloth faces snug together and seal in a zip lock storage baggie until further use.
3. Replace the Opaque Stamp Pad if cloth faces become torn or if ink buildup can no longer be removed from pad.